Wednesday, April 8, 2015

What season is it, anyway?

You know that feeling when you take a little nap and are confused as to what time it is when you wake up? I'm feeling that way about the seasons. It really seems like fall this week. We had a little winter in Kingman, AZ, with 5 inches of snow New Years Eve that hung around for 5 days. after that it warmed slowly and our last week in AZ (last week of March) it was definitely summer with highs in the 90s. The cool rainy weather we are experiencing now in southern Wisconsin really seems like fall. But I saw a crocus and the tulips are coming up so I'm sure I will get over it, especially as the days get longer. But I am not sure I will make a good snowbird!

When I started working at Kingman Regional Medical Center, Kingman, AZ, December 1, I totally forgot about blogging. With some structure to my schedule for 3 months I got back into an exercise routine, did more cooking and bakiing and spent too much time on FaceBook. Besides, we didn't travel much so I didn't have anything exciting to blog about, or pictures to post. We went to Parker, AZ, on the Colorado River for Christmas because I had 3 days off. It was in the 60s! We also made a quick trip to Tucson for Rollie to umpire a softball tournament that got rained out. Otherwise we just resided at the Kingman KOA and planned our next adventure. When I finished my assignment we took off for San Diego and worked our way slowly up the west coast to southern Oregon. Three weeks wasn't really enough time! We saw the sights, sampled lots of wine, walked several beaches, met up with old friends and visited several national parks. Then we headed to Tucson one more time to meet up with Alex, Laura, Michael, Kendall and Josh (Alex and Michael are my sons, Laura and Kendall are their girlfriends and Josh is a friend). That's when summer arrived and we were happy that I had arranged to come to Monroe, WI, to work for 3 months. We are not big fans of hot weather.

I'll see how many pictures I can add...

Koalas at the San Diego Zoo

Sonny on the beach

Ripe strawberries

Moro Bay

Moro Bay

Moro Bay

Moro Bay

Obviously Monterrey

Southern CA vinyard

San Francisco, on the ferry from Vallejo

Chinatown


Alcatraz

Redwoods

Near Eureka


Elk Country RV Park

Northern CA beach

Logging country

El Capitan, Yosemite

Half Dome, Yosemite

Rollie just had to have a fire!

The road we took between Yosemite and Sequoia

The drive up to see the sequoias

This big!

Orange grove just west of Sequoia

Barrel cactus with fruit

The gang in Tucson

Saguaro National Park

Saguaro National Park

Saguaro National Park

Saguaro National Park

Saguaro National Park

Saguaro National Park

White Sands National Monument

Sonny and Mia in the back seat
More photos at https://goo.gl/photos/zPqXJmgaVhBjGK126

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary and Rollie - looks like you have been busy traveling - lovig the pics ... hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori: What is your email address or are you on Facebook? I post more pictures on there.

    We are in Monroe, WI, now, I am working with Kay Verink for a few months. Rollie will be umpiring again so I will be home alone on a lot of weekends. Want to meet in Madison some weekend?

    Mary

    ReplyDelete