Watched the sun rise over the Grand Canyon 10/28. Rollie was in awe, his first memory of the big ditch.
When we headed out in the dark on foot from the RV park, which is very near the south rim, with the dogs, we almost (iterally) ran into a small elk herd, 7 cows and one bull. We slowly backed away and made other plans to get to the canyon.
Thursday, October 23, 2014
Revisiting Joplin 3 years after the devastating tornado I could still see the huge swath of destruction along 20th St in the heart of the city. Lots of rebuilding but still many empty lots. The Dillons grocery store we were looking for (our Garmin is 4 years old) doesn't exist. Same for the old St. Johns Hospital. There is a brand new hospital about to open at a new location. Still a lot of work to do but the city survived.
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Dined with Rollie's family at the site of our first date in Eagan, MN, to belatedly celebrate our anniversary.
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
- I never know what day it is but some of you know I had trouble with that before.
- The dogs get more walks.
- We can visit family and stay for more than 2 days (whether they like it or not).
- We have time to get together with old friends.
- Becoming a travel agent and social coordinator.
- A lot of explaining that we just don't know where we will be next month but we will keep in touch!